Wednesday, May 2, 2007

A Quick Meal

Here is my, gotta go out, won't be home 'til suppertime, favorite crockpot meal. It's really almost a no brainer and it's really fast to put together. I use both fresh and/or frozen ingredients depending on what is in my frig and freezer.

CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP

2 frozen boneless-skinless chicken breasts
3/4 Cup sliced carrots
3/4 Cup chopped celery
1/2 Cup chopped onion (I like to use the frozen, already chopped kind)
1/2 -16oz. package of egg noodles cooked (set aside in ziploc bag and refrigerate)
4 Cups chicken broth
2 Cups water
1 packet of dry chicken gravy mix
salt and pepper to taste

Put all ingredients except noodles in crock pot and turn it on. I have an older crock pot so I usually turn it on high. This can cook for as little as four hours or up to eight hours. When ready to serve take out chicken breasts and cut up. Return chicken to pot and add noodles. YUMMY!

The other thing I like to have ready to go are homemade biscuits. (I really don't like the kind in a tube.) I mix up my biscuits, cut them out and put them on my baking sheet. Then I cover them with plastic wrap and put them in the frig. When I get home I fire up the oven and put them in for their normal amount of time.

This is such an easy, satisfying supper. Whithin about 2o - 25 minutes max of returning home I have a nice, warm meal ready.

No comments: