Monday, June 4, 2007

Just An Ordinary Week


This is just a quick post to let you know I am still posting! We finished school the Friday before Memorial Day and I immediately dove into my List by painting our bathroom, making new drapes (that's not as wow as it sounds) for our bedroom and getting ready for a visit from my parents. I managed to get it mostly done by Friday and my Dad very graciously took us out to dinner on Friday night. That was a huge blessing.


Saturday was spent by picking strawberries, enjoying one anothers company and making Strawberry-Rhubarb Pies. My Mom and I also managed a quick trip to the local Quilt Shop. She's guiding me in remaking my bedspread which is thread bare. I hope I can do it...but that's another post.


Sunday we served and worshipped our Lord. I was so blessed by all that entailed. I love being with Him and being used by Him to bless others.


Today (Monday) I'm recovering. I loved everything about the last week, but boy am I tired! I slept in and took a two hour nap and I can't wait to go to bed! I'm so thankful He is giving me this day. The kids were pretty tired too and Daddy got to take a day off of work today. So truly, this is a Sabbath for us.


Tomorrow we're back at it. I'm not sure what I'm going to tackle next on my List but I'm thinking about the kids bathroom. Of course, that means more painting and I can't decide if I want to take a little break from painting or not. I think I'll sleep on it. Hee-hee!


You know, one of my all time favorite shows is The Andy Griffith Show. I was watching it the other day and wondering why that was when it dawned on me. It's really a show about ordinary people living together and loving each other and living just an ordinary life. It's about the sometimes humorous ordinary things that happen and how ordinary people react to the occasional extra-ordinary events of their lives.


I had an ordinary (all-be-it busy) week, last week. And it was wonderful, sometimes humorous, sometimes tiring and completely a blessing from the Lord.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Picking strawberries... sounds pretty good to me. Almost as good as when Aunt Bee canned pickles for the fair...remember that? Poor Andy and Barney were eating pickles for weeks! We watch Andy almost daily. My kids especially like Otis, I have not explained to them why Otis acts that way...they just think he is silly.:) You are a busy mom and I look forward to hearing what else is on your list tomorrow at the park.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I think I like the "ordinary day" posts the best! What one person considers ordinary, can be pretty cool to someone else. Shopping at a quilting shop, picking berries for pies, going to church... sounds like you live in the country. Hee hee.

Keep BLOGGING Cyndy. I love to read your posts.