Thursday, March 27, 2008

I Won! I Won! I Won!

I'm very excited to announce that I won a $50 gift certificate to Christa-Taylor in a drawing that Coralie was having over at her blog Life More Abundantly.



I can hardly believe it...I rarely, if ever win anything that's worth anything. But this is huge for me because I've been looking for....no, desiring to find....no, yearning for a denim skirt. Do you know how hard it is to find a denim skirt for a short little pear shaped, over 40 (but not looking it) woman?

Okay, maybe you don't but let me tell you, it ain't easy! And Christa-Taylor has one! Here it is:



Sorry it's a little "digitally" looking. Don't you just love it?!? I can hardly wait to spend my money. And Christa-Taylor is a great place to spend it. To explain a little about who she is and what she is about I'm going to plagiarize Coralie,


Christa Taylor, a young woman from Washington State, had the same complaint, so she decided to do something about it. Christa-taylor.com features a full line of hip, contemporary, modest clothing. Designed by a young woman for young women, Christa’s clothes are something on which dads and daughters can agree.

Christa-Taylor is a family run company, with Christa’s dad and brothers actively involved in the business, and it is operated with a Christian world view. Taking seriously the command in scripture to support widows and orphans in their distress, Christa sends 5% from every purchase to
Warm Blankets Orphan Care International. Christa calls it “Mission beyond Business,” and it’s yet another reason I am so excited to offer the following giveaway.
I hope you will visit her web site and browse around. She has beautiful things that young and 'not quite as young as I used to be' will like. What I especially like is that they are fashionable and modest. I think that's what helps it transcend the age thing. I am particularly enamored with her skirts. I've been working on expanding my skirt collection for some time and am excited to expand it further.
So a big thank you to Coralie and Christa Taylor! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
P.S. Sorry that the type is so squished together here at the end. Is there someone out there who could explain to me what I can do to keep it from doing this when I mess with the font and alignment?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go girl! That is an awesome skirt! Can I borrow it? Just kidding--I'm a size "board" with no curves. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I have a very similar denim skirt and I wear it all the time. I bet you'll love yours too.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for giving Christa such a great plug!

I'm hoping Christian women will support her and her mission.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Ooh that is exciting. Take a pic when you get it1

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Ooh that is exciting. Take a pic when you get it!

Shawna said...

Congratulations Cyndy! Her clothes are so, so cute. I might just have to order a skirt myself!