Thursday, October 2, 2008

Hello Again

Is anyone still out there? Hello. Hello. Hello.

Well I'm back. At least tentatively. I say tentatively because I have gone back and forth several times about whether to continue blogging or not in the past few weeks.

I like to blog. I like to "go around" and read other blogs, commenting here and there. Frequently a subject will come to mind and I will begin composing a blog entry in my mind...in there it sounds great, pithy, worthy of conversation and comment. When I finally have time to sit down and write I just stare at the screen and wonder what it was I wanted to say. And that's when I don't like to blog. Because then I spend much too much time on it to the detriment of other things I ought to be doing. I walk away from the computer aware that there is laundry I ought to have folded or time I ought to have spent with my kids.

Let me tell you...it is a vicious cycle of enjoyment and guilt.

However, I did decide to give writing my own blog one more shot and see if I can come up with some way of getting all my "pithy" thoughts out of my head before they go wandering off.

heh heh....we'll see what happens.

So anyway...I'm back for now.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are back. I have missed you, and never took you off of my Google Reader! I can't wait to hear what you have to post about. I LOVE the look of your blog, too, BTW.

Love ya,
Frances

Robin Lambright said...

Welcome Back! You have been missed. How are the chickens????

I can so totally sympathize with your dilemma. I love blogging but I struggle with the time constrains and feeling like I am wasting too much time either composing a post or blog hopping.

I also have periods of time when I get so overwhelmed with life issues of my own that the thought of having to expend any extra energy to put a post together is simply just too much. But what I have done it this, I have sort of adopted a go with the flow kind of attitude.

If I have something very compelling to post then it gets published, if not then I just enjoy one or two others, you get a little and then you give a little.
It all woks out in the long run.

Not everyone’s post need to be lengthy or deeply profound, they just need to be from the heart. Short and sweet can be just as profound as a deep well thought out discourse.

I am glad your back, just do what works for you!

That my two cents worth, glad you testing the waters again. Blessings
Robin

Skoots1moM said...

good to see you again...
as barney used to say, nip it!
when you feel it getting the best of you, just nip it, nip it nip it...turn it off and go do what you need to...
make it work for you not you for it...
have a gr8 weekend.

Amy @ Amy's FMQ Adventures said...

I'm listening anytime you want to share.

Cyndy said...

Thank you ladies soooo much for your encouraging words.

Robin, that is the attitude that I am also going to try and adopt. Oddly, in my heart and mind I have many things I want to share. It's the getting out part that can be a challenge!:)

Robin Lambright said...

I hear that girl! There are so many times when I have a thought, then I think that would make a great post but then something happens somewhere in-between. Life I suppose. In any event we are glad you are back!

Anonymous said...

Yay! You're back! I know just what you mean about blogging. "A vicious cycle of enjoyment and guilt"...that's it in a nutshell!

I look forward to your future posts, big or small!

love, Tina :)