Friday, October 26, 2007

The Calendar Conspiracy

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that more and more day planners and desk calendars are starting the week on Monday? If you don't believe me take a moment next time you are at an office supply store or Barnes and Nobles and start checking out the calendars. They nearly all start the week on Monday. For centuries the week has started on Sunday and now all these calendar makers have decided it should start on Monday. What I want to know is why?

I know that there is a vast portion of the working public that view Monday as the beginning of the week. It is the first day back work and school, but it is NOT the first day of the week. The Lord asks us as believer's in Him to give of our first fruits. The first fruits of the week is Sunday. Jesus rose on the first day...hello Sunday! I would like to announce to the world that the first day of the week is SUNDAY!

So why can't I find a desk calendar that begins the week on Sunday? I keep looking for a Mary Engelbreit desk calendar...she hopefully will still start the week on Sunday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have noticed this, too, Cyndy. I have to admit that I usually consider Monday as the beginning of my week (oblivious)but have seen that some calendars do start on Monday, which is weird. They ARE supposed to start on Sunday. Thank you for your enlightenment, and now I'll be more aware of the calendars around me. :-D