Wednesday, October 31, 2007

WFMW - Cleaning My Lampshades

Hello, and welcome to my blog! This is my first Works For Me Wednesday and I hope that this little (and I do mean little) tip will be helpful to you. For more great tips check out Rocks In My Dryer ,hosted by Shannon. Now here it is...my tip.


The humble lint remover....I've used it for years to get pet hair off of my black pants (what is it about pet hair and black pants?). Then one day it occured to me I could use it to clean my lampshades. This is probably not a revelation to most of you out there but I was thrilled when I figured it out! I also found that I could use it on my bedspread/comforter, my drapes, upholstery, etc, etc. I admit that it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that a lint remover can be useful on many surfaces but let's just say it took a little longer for the light to dawn on me.
I should mention that the kind of lint remover I use for these little tasks is the "reverse tape" kind made by the 3M Company.


It works for me and I hope it works for you!


Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

El Shaddai Ranch said...

Brilliant! Thanks for sharing.

Cindy said...

Thanks for your comment on my WFMW. I like your cleaning tip too!

Anonymous said...

Terrific idea! Now why hadn't I thought of this before? Thank you for the practical, timely tip! You may not be a rocket scientist, but you're a genius in my book! I think I'll try cleaning my window blinds now. :) ~Sam