Friday, November 30, 2007

A Cookie (Recipe) Exchange



I got to thinking about cookie exchanges the other day. I've only participated in one real one and I can't even remember when that was exactly but I do remember that it was a lot of fun.


I liked it not only because I got to take home lots of yummy cookies that I didn't have to make, but I also got to hear some of the stories behind the recipes. I think I enjoyed the stories the most.


So I got to wondering if I could host a bloggy cookie exchange. Then I thought, "Why not?" And now I'm doing it. My idea is that anyone who would like to participate will share a recipe(or two) of their favorite Christmas cookie or candy and a story about it. The story can be about how you got the recipe, why you like it so much, something funny that happened while making it...well you get the idea.


On December 14th (mark that on your calendars!) I will put Mr. Linky in place. Write a post on your blog with your recipe and story. Come back over and add your post to Mr. Linky.


A couple of requests as you link:


  1. Link to your recipe post and not to the front page of your blog. This makes browsing a snap.

  2. When you enter your name on Mr. Linky include a short (3-4 word) description in parentheses.

  3. Tell your friends! I love cookies and I love stories and I know there must be lots and lots of them out there to be shared.

I have an banner/button and you can copy that from above on the right. I wish I could say for sure that it can be used as a button but I'm a real newby at buttons and I'm not sure if it will or not (my tech adviser is currently Down Under). I think that if you follow instructions here that it will work. Just in case it doesn't please link to my blog in your post so that everyone can enjoy cookies and stories.

2 comments:

jodi said...

Hey, this is a great idea. I'll be thinking about my story. :)

Leann said...

I love this idea! I posted on my foodie blog about it and will try to put a cookie recipe and story up by tomorrow. :) Thanks for stopping by my main blog today, too.