Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Priorities

Yet I am always with You; You hold me by me right hand. You guide me with Your counsel, and afterward You will take me into glory. Whom have I in heaven but You? And earth has nothing I desire besides You. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Those who are far from You will perish; You destroy all who are unfaithful to You. But as for me, it is good to be near God. I have made the Sovereign LORD my refuge; I will tell of all Your deeds.

Psalm 73:23-28


I like blogging. I mean I really enjoy reading all the neat blogs out there AND writing my own. BUT, I've been putting it before my time with God. I don't sense that God is telling me to quit blogging...just that I need to put Him first. The first fruits of my day need to go to Him, then I can blog later in my day.


This will require some discipline on my part. Lately, the first thing I do is make the coffee then head over to the computer to check my e-mail and my blogs. What I intend to just spend a few minutes on ends up taking an hour or more. By then the kids are up and it's time to get dressed and start our school day. Result...no time with my Lord.


But He has been so gentle with me. He just keeps gently leading me to scripture and using a friend to remind me that my time with Him needs to come first.



Honestly, unless I have time with Him each day I am not a very patient or gracious person. I'm far too apt to let the little things get to me and before I know it I'm yelling at the kids and kicking the dog. ( Okay, for you animal lovers out there, I don't really kick the dog.)


So this morning, I stayed away from the computer, had breakfast and did my devotions first. It is my desire to do this every morning. It will require prayer and discipline to do it. My desire is for Him and I long to obey His call.

No comments: