Wednesday, November 7, 2007

WFMW-In Search of Thanksgiving Place Cards




It's Wednesday and once again Shannon at Rocks In My Dryer is hosting Works For Me Wednesday. Only difference today is that it's backward! I'm asking for an idea...or at least a clue! (Check out more on this at Shannon's site.)



So what I'm wondering is if anyone has come up with a really cute place card for the Thanksgiving table? I've got the whole gang coming to my house this year and because of space issues need to seat smaller people in certain areas...hence the need for place cards. We've done the picture of the person decorated as a turkey, pilgrim, cranberry, pumpkin pie, etc., etc., etc., before. I'm looking for something different.



Let me know your ideas! I know there are a ton of them out there!


Thanks for your help and thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Family O'Foxes said...

my kids have made these and we use them every year. :)
http://jas.familyfun.go.com/crafts?page=CraftDisplay&craftid=10137

~Amy

Unknown said...

I've used blank business cards and put my own decorations on them with a name and scripture. Fold them in half and they work just fine without taking up a lot of space on the table.

Shawna said...

Howdy Friend!
Enchanted Learning has a few place card templates I've been eye-ing!
http://members.enchantedlearning.com/crafts/thanksgiving/

Enjoy!

Amy said...

For Easter we made thumbprints and then used a pen to draw on ears, face, whiskers (on the thumbprint) to make a bunny. Maybe it would be possible to do something similar and make a turkey?

Anonymous said...

I've never done place cards, but I ditto the Family Fun idea--they have all sorts of fun stuff there.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Patriot said...

New giveaway at my site this week! Head on over to check it out when you can!

Marlene McGarrity said...

I like these:

http://www.americangreetings.com/printables/category.pd/occasions/holidays/thanksgiving/placecards/

Anonymous said...

We don't do place cards, because we don't have a table (we have a counter, but it only seats 4 and then everyone else is on their own in the livingroom). But Oriental Trading has some fun stickers of bear Pilgrims and Native Americans, and a turkey that have different sticker parts that you assemble to make a complete picture. It would be big, but fun. Just a thought.
Love, Frances